Monday, May 30, 2005

15 minutes of fame.

So I'm going to work pretty soon. I'm getting more and more homesick. But it'd be a shame to leave a job that pays on time... leaving one job without another lined up doesn't seem too bright of a thing to do. That being said, I could use a vacation (couldn't we all). Overall it's been a great six months but I'm not sure of the point of keeping going to work at something I'm tired of and can't put my full energy into. I'm tempted to give my notice and return to the States in 6 weeks.

There isn't a job out there that I really want to pursue. I've given thought to volunteering. Lots of the places I've found I stand to lose money, not the best idea when I don't have too much to begin with. Others, like the Peace Corps, you can come out ahead money-wise but it's more than a 2 year commitment. I realize volunteering isn't about making money but it'd be nice to break even.

So there it is. I enjoy keeping this blog, and enjoy even more reading other people's. Many out there spend more time on their's than I do mine.

Mmm rambling, but anyways preferring to lie down and take a nap instead of going to work in 10 minutes isn't conducive to excellent teaching. I've gained plenty more respect for teachers after walking around in their shoes for 6 months. Especially for those teachers who have overworked students or work even more difficult situations... inner cities, the Mid East. The thing about teaching, might be obvious but anyways, you can't just go into it 80% without someone noticing.

Must throw on the nice clothes and get to it.

No comments: