Sunday, March 23, 2008

Make Way

I took the Foreign Service Officer Test in Yongsan earlier this month. I don't think I did so hot. I keep up on the news more than most... and can remember some details of what I learned about the government in high school. If I had a clearer memories from those days and was just a bit more well read in regards to current events I'd feel more confident about reaching the next step of the hiring process. I wasn't aware that only 10% of those that take it actually get hired...

I got another year on my visa just by going to the immigration office here in Seoul. Lots of other foreign teachers were talking about how hard it'd be but for me it was a breeze. I guess the real complicated regulations come into play more for those that are newcomers to Korea to teach on an E2 this year.

1 comment:

JOLLY ROGER said...

HOW DO YOU DO... KOREAN

Intelligent design

The Korean government are forward thinkers. Some bright spark at the internal affairs office realised that instead of buying costly street sweepers they could just use bored middle aged women. Thusly every Korean mother or aunt is bowlegged, shaped like a question mark and smells of bins. But those street corners, wow.

...more at: lifestyleguides.blogspot.com